The framework, Flutter was introduced by Google in 2015 and officially launched in 2018. Flutter in mobile app development has gained immense popularity since then. Business heads all over the world are choosing flutter to develop their apps due to its myriad benefits. Those who are thinking of hiring Flutter development services for their projects should know that this framework has certain drawbacks as well. But its usefulness outsmarts them. Let’s compare its pros and cons to get a clearer picture.
- The smart compilation techniques in Flutter boost up the speed of an app, thereby enhancing performance levels. Also, the use of widgets makes the apps user-friendly.
- A single code can be used for multiple This reduces development time and speeds up the time to market.
- Hot reloading feature enables the Flutter app developers to instantly see the changes done in code to reflect in the app. It also helps them to fix any bugs with ease.
- Flutter supports 24 languages and thus caters to the need of a wider spectrum of users.
- It can run on several devices because of a good portability.
- The language used is for Flutter’s development is Dart, which can be understood and learnt quite easily, even by beginners.
- Flutter development services are quite immature and have lesser libraries and packages required for efficient programming and are not apt for large apps.
- Being greater in size, Flutter apps consume more storage space of the device.
- Although Dart is easy to learn, only a handful of developers have expertise in it.